Puppies have a socialisation period between 3-14 weeks of age, where they need to have positive experiences with other dogs, people, children and new places. Any good or bad experiences during this sensitive period can have significant life long effects on your dog’s behaviour. Puppy preschool will help give your puppy the best chance of becoming a controlled, well-behaved, socially accepted adult.
Aims of Puppy Pre-School
- Socialisation with other puppies and people in a safe and controlled manner.
- To identify behavioural problems at an early age.
- To teach basic training methods using reward based training.
- To teach your puppy calm behaviour.
- Education on normal puppy development and dog behaviour.
- Education on basic health care and nutrition.
- To help with any problems you may be experiencing.
- To help make trips to the vet more enjoyable.
- And most importantly to have lots of fun with your puppy!
What is included?
- Power point presentation for class 1.
- A course handbook.
- Treats for your puppy each week.
- Hospital tour.
- A graduation ceremony.
- Class photo and show bag.
- The opportunity to ask about any issues or problems you may be experiencing.
- Plenty of valuable information and experience from our instructors, who are continually updating their knowledge.
- Two instructors per class.
To join the course your pup needs to:
- Be between 6-14 weeks of age (at the start of the course)
- Have had a recent vet check.
- Be up to date with vaccination and worming.
Enroll in Puppy School today!
(08) 8556 2075