While we love to indulge in Hot Cross Buns over Easter please remember they can be toxic to your dog.  Grapes can be toxic, and even cause death.  The culprits are the sultanas and raisins in your buns.  It is unknown exactly what the toxin is but it is known that it is the skin and flesh.

 

If your dog accidentally snacks on you Easter buns, you will need to contact your veterinarian to induce vomiting.

 

If left untreated your dog may show signs of kidney failure such as vomiting, diarrhoea, weakness and increased thirst and abdominal pain.

 

Please keep your dogs safe over Easter by eating all the hot cross buns and chocolate yourself.

 

Kristin Pearce

Veterinary nurse